• In conjunction with the Board Treasurer, assist with the Annual budget development as well as budgets for individual projects; Working with the Land Trust bookkeeper and Treasurer, review month financial statements – and assist with the annual audit review as required.
• Monitor the legal obligations of the society including: reports and or/inquiries with BC Society’s Act, CRA, Workers Compensation etc.;
• Manage and track any contractual obligations including but not limited to BC Housing agreements, insurance policies, government and/or foundation grants etc.;
• Report on a monthly basis to the Land Trust Board of Directors.
• Attend Board meeting and record minutes.
• Supervision of staff, including personnel recruitment and management, ongoing supervision and performance reviews (the Land Trust currently has two full time staff);
• In conjunction with property managers, oversee policy development and evaluation of rental properties;
• Supervise short term contractors that support identified project needs.
Project Development/Proposal Writing
• Work with the Board of Directors to meet with potential developers and assess viability of land and/or project;
• Assist with developing partnerships and a viable business plan;
• Liaise with the City of Vernon throughout project development;
• Apply for grants from senior levels of government and/or charitable foundations.
• Assist the board in developing policy and in organizing annual strategic planning sessions;
• Assist in identifying and implementing strategic goals for the organization.
• Assist the board to implement the marketing plan;
• Ensure website and print materials are up to date;
• Act as spokesperson regarding projects (ongoing and new) as well as to any emerging issues/crises; maintain a professional, proactive response to media inquiries.